Senior Software Engineer - Exchange Trading Connectivity - Pune
Posted Nov 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 91426
We're currently looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Exchange Trading Connectivity (ETC) team in the Pune office. Read on to learn more.
ETC is an engineering group in Bloomberg that acts as a center of excellence, facilitating the transactional connectivity of Bloomberg’s various order and execution management systems to exchanges, while also facilitating internal connectivity within Bloomberg.
Our primary focus is to provide numerous connectivity applications - a category of which provides direct connectivity to exchanges used by various terminal based order/execution management systems and provide a layer of translation between them, while another category focuses on transporting, configuring, deploying, and monitoring our vast network of FIX-based connection services (spanning nearly 50,000 sessions, transporting billions of messages).
As part of the Exchange Connectivity group within ETC, engineers experience delivering applications and libraries as part of a larger product suite, across Bloomberg's Buy-Side, Sell-Side and Post-trade systems. Partnerships with these systems offer unique and continuous learning possibilities on the domain side, empowering engineers to grow their understanding of Bloomberg's various transactional businesses. Engineers are also encouraged to network, travel as per project needs, and liaise with a large number of teams (ranging from technical and product counterparts to support and client teams). Equally enriching and challenging is the technical mindset needed to put into practice concepts of code reuse, designing for scale, and resilience. Technologies such as C++, Python, Cassandra, and Kafka are prominently used in this area.
Our success is driven by engineers that take pride in owning a product end-to-end, from design to development and even deployment. We invest in our people. As a result, we are looking for passionate, curious engineers with an appetite to play around with interesting business models and even more interesting tools. We are looking for team players that are eager to challenge themselves and their peers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment, and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be eager, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community – from Inner Source to Open Source, you’re someone who likes to collaborate
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated professional experience programming in C++, Python, and/or Java and the willingness to learn and work with the mentioned object-oriented languages
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related is required
We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Introducing our Pune Engineering teams - bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-pune-engineering/
Bloomberg Engineering - http://www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Tech at Bloomberg - techatbloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.