Senior Software Engineer - Trade Order Management System (TOMS) Repo & Securities Lending Platform - Pune
Posted Mar 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 114994
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who has experience building Securities Financing Systems (Repo/Securities Lending) Order Management Workflows (OMS) that can join our efforts in building the next generation Repo and Securities Lending OMS platform.
Every day, thousands of market making traders across the globe rely on the Bloomberg TOMS (Trade Order Management System) to support their trading activity. TOMS is a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, inventory management and middle office operations. TOMS also offers solutions for securities financing transactions aka repurchase agreements. About 120 firms rely on the TOMS Repo solution for managing their financing needs using securities financing workflows.
The repo market is an important source of funds for large financial institutions. Trillions of dollars are transacted in the repo market every day. We are currently focusing on reinventing our securities financing (repo) workflows to meet the needs of our clients. We are undergoing a major redesign of our services to support various new workflows around trade capture and lifecycle management. As a part of our team you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features and workflows as well as improving our performance and reliability. You will learn the sell-side fixed income industry, our clients, and choose the best solution for their needs. We operate in a very agile manner where everyone is expected to contribute ideas in an open discussion to achieve the team’s objectives.
We'll trust you to:
- Make right design decisions to build next generation trade order management services
- Apply scalable and maintainable solutions to solve complex problems
- Passionate about applying analytics and automation in existing system, discovering new products and identifying potential opportunities to further enhance the system
- Demonstrate drive, innovation, collaboration and passion around solving client issues in the financial world
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience building Securities financing systems (Repo and/or Securities Lending)
- Experience developing and managing large-scale service-oriented systems
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and systems and applications programming
- Experience with CI, CD and unit test
- Experience building scalable systems with focus on code quality, system telemetry and testing
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Introducing our Pune Engineering teams - bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-pune-engineering/
Bloomberg Engineering - http://www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Tech at Bloomberg - techatbloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.