Software Engineer in Test - Trading Connectivity - Pune
Posted Sep 21, 2022 - Requisition No. 109013
Our team is located in Frankfurt, New York, Pune, and Hong Kong and supports the Trading Connectivity platform which connects to multiple stock exchanges and venues around the globe. Our network includes one of the largest private electronic networks of brokers with around 5,400+ sessions globally, providing a customizable system for routing to a diverse range of destinations. The system is highly reputed and extremely reliable processing more than 10 million transactions a day, exceeding 10,000 transactions per second at peak rates.
We are responsible for ensuring quality, completeness, and accuracy of these Trading Connectivity products by leveraging self-built automation frameworks and tools. Our software ensures coverage of functional and non-functional use cases and run periodically via Continuous Integration pipelines.
Quality and Reliability is what we strive for, and that includes observability to ensure our systems are of a high quality. If issues arise, we ensure steps towards remediation can be addressed as quickly as possible.
To strengthen our team, we are seeking a dedicated and highly self-motivated Software Engineer in Test to be based in our Pune office.
What’s in it for you:
- You will be part of a team which has been on the forefront of automation and test practices within Bloomberg
- You will have the opportunity to work on challenging issues while collaborating with experts in the industry
- Automated tools built by you will test products that impact the transactional data of our customers
- You will be part of a multicultural environment which advocates for Diversity & Inclusion and encourages participation in Tech conferences
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated professional experience programming in Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies like Docker
- Practical involvement with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Passion towards testing, a keen eye for automation, and a sense for the quality and correctness of developed software
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Strong skills in solving challenging problems within a collaborative environment as a part of a distributed team
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience working in the financial markets
- Demonstrated knowledge of FIX protocol, FIX testing, and creating automated tests for FIX protocol workflows
- Experience in actively developing and and building automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Grafana and Humio
- Focus and drive to learn about the latest industry standards in order to apply them to our workflow
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Introducing our Pune Engineering teams - bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-pune-engineering/
Bloomberg Engineering - http://www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Tech at Bloomberg - techatbloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.