Software Engineering Team Leader - Asset and Investment Manager (AIM) Compliance - Pune
Posted May 26, 2023 - Requisition No. 116529
Bloomberg AIM (Asset and Investment Manager) is a buy-side trading platform used by some of the biggest asset managers in capital markets. Our platform is a one-stop shop that enables everything from idea generation to trade execution and post-trade operations. It’s a large scale system – built by more than 400 engineers – used to manage trillions of dollars each day by 930 global firms across over 80 countries. We’re the market leading platform, and Bloomberg continues to invest in our growth as a product and engineering team – that’s where you come in!
In the Compliance team, we solve problems associated with large distributed systems such as latency and scaling, balanced with the need for reliability and accuracy required for a business-critical system. Over the next 2-3 years, we have multiple projects focused on keeping our clients ahead of the competition as well as organically rebuilding the platform in order to serve the growing number of tier-1 clients with a global footprint that transact in volumes we currently cannot support. Solving problems on this scale is hard, and we’re always looking for fresh ideas and new technologies to leverage.
The team build systems which ensure that every transaction happening across the entire AIM platform is checked against 10s of thousands of rules. These rules ensure that no market regulation is violated, no illicit/manipulative activity is performed, and no activity that would put the client at financial risk takes place. We additionally provide vital tools to define and manage rules as well as deal with violations and provide trading supervisory overrides where applicable. Because our systems are in the critical path of real-time trading, both latency and correctness is of paramount importance. The compliance systems currently intercept 10s of millions of transactions and evaluate over 75 million rules with a median response time of 15ms, which we want to further improve upon by reducing the latency and increasing the overall throughput.
We are looking for a Team Leader to support a growing team and help them devise reliable, scalable and maintainable systems.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a hands-on technical leader and work side by side with your team, applying their strengths to align with product goals
- Foster a culture of high quality software development practices in the team
- Drive innovation and the technical direction of the team
- Inspire and motivate a successful team to achieve great results, while supporting individual growth and development
- Communicate and collaborate with multiple teams across the company, including our Product as well as Engineering teams, to drive strategies and come up with solutions
You'll need to have:
- 2+ years of experience in people leadership - managing and coaching team members and influencing third party technology strategy
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and coding in object-oriented languages such as C++, Python, Java
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively communicate, challenge and influence team members, peers, and partners
- History of successfully delivering on key initiatives and driving long-term strategic technology plans
- A passion for developing scalable, reliable, low latency and high throughput systems
We'd love to see:
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems within the financial industry
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this:
Introducing our Pune Engineering teams - bloomberg.com/company/stories/meet-the-teams-pune-engineering/
Bloomberg Engineering - http://www.bloomberg.com/engineering
Tech at Bloomberg - techatbloomberg.com
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.