News Internship (Estágio em Jornalismo Econômico)
Rio de Janeiro
Posted May 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 116481
Bloomberg News is one of the world's leading financial news organizations, delivering fast and accurate information on multiple platforms.
If it impacts markets, we'll be there -- breaking news on companies, economies, commodities and government policy to help our ever-expanding audience stay ahead.
We need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation -- which is where you come in. We’re looking for interns who are passionate about telling stories and will seize the opportunity to learn from our experienced team of journalists. You’ll gain hands-on reporting experience, conduct interviews, participate in our real-time markets and politics coverage and collaborate with colleagues in our bureaus across the world.
We’re looking for:
- A passion for news and/or a willingness to dig in and learn about global financial markets, companies and economies.
- Strong curiosity, a keen interest to learn about the world and uncover surprises.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Prior experience and/or demonstrated interest in journalism through work experience or extracurricular activities. Please highlight if any of the following are present; fluency in a foreign language, multi-platform skills, and data journalism/coding experience.
We'll trust you to:
- Work with our reporters on new stories and day to day coverage of markets and politics in English and Portuguese.
- Pitch and write articles for the Bloomberg Terminal reader.
You'll need to have:
- The ability to work within a team and meet deadlines.
- A proactive approach, suggesting ideas and jumping into different topics of coverage.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Be enrolled into a Journalism course in Rio de Janeiro.
- Availability to work 6 hours per day for the 1-2 years while in school/university.
- Knowledge of global financial markets, companies and economies.
- Prior experience in a real-time journalism environment.
We would love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.