Business Reporter - Riyadh
Posted May 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 75336
The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a breaking news on a deal. The thrill of writing a smart story that everyone talks about. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. We bring out the best in each other. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg News is looking to hire a reporter to work in its bureau in Riyadh to help build our coverage of the world's biggest oil exporter in one of the most exciting times in its modern history.
We'll count on you to:
- Be part of a team driven to break news and write stories about the kingdom's attempt to transform the economy away from oil. That includes everything from mergers and acquisitions, interviewing top executives and news makers
- Assist reporters and editors in the bureau with reporting and research, and work on your own stories with adequate guidance from the team and editors elsewhere
- Gradually build contacts in the government as well as the private sector
- Be a self-starter who is eager to learn and improve, and who relishes working under pressure to meet deadlines
You'll need to:
- Be a Saudi national
- Hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Be fluent in Arabic and English
- Have an unwavering commitment to accuracy
- Have a strong work ethic and ability to work well within teams
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years of journalism experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.