We protect Bloomberg.
There's no such thing as a "safe system" - only safer systems. Our Security team works to build and maintain the safest operating environment for Bloomberg’s users. The Triage Analyst's function is considered to be a key pillar in Bloomberg’s security program design and strategy. Are you motivated technical professionals, who have a passion towards cyber security, and are accomplished in a systems- or applications-support role? In this entry role, Bloomberg will provide the opportunity to apply current skills, while rapidly developing new skills that are required in the Cyber Security field.
The Bloomberg CSOC is responsible for the detection of cyber threats, joined with the rapid response that ranges across both the diverse lines of business and the global network. The CSOC is an open and collaborative environment, where members work together to identify and address the latest in cyber security threats facing the company. The CSOC is to staffed 24 x 7 x365, with varying shifts, and multiple tiers of support, ranging from first response teams to the CIRT & Investigations teams. Further, there is opportunity to work with these more experienced members on some of the latest cyber security defense technologies.
In this role, we'll trust you to:
- Work within a dedicated Weekend Night shift (731 Lexington, NYC: Thurs-Fri 11AM-8PM; Orangeburg, NY: Sat 8PM-Sun 9AM, Sun 8PM-Mon 9AM), to support the 24x7x365 Cyber Security Operations Center
- Monitor for alerts that match pre-defined threat scenarios, and responding according to standard operating procedures
- Work through appropriate procedures to bring closure to a significant majority of cyber alerts, while escalating those which cannot be resolved
- Produce and maintaining documentation and standard operation procedures
- Produce ideas for continued improvement, including conceptual design of new threat scenarios
- Deliver on relevant cyber security metrics and measurements for the role and area of responsibility
- Work directly with peers, in and outside of the security team, to resolve urgent matters in a constructive and thoughtful manner
- Work with varying levels of employees and contractors, throughout Bloomberg, to address cyber security concerns
- Ensure appropriate coverage for the assigned shift and provide ample awareness to changes to commitments
You'll need to have:
- Familiarity with Operating Systems (Windows, Linux and MAC)
- Prior experience with information security topics and concepts, and have applied these in a prior role
- Knowledge of Network Protocols, Enterprise network controls and solutions
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office solutions
- Strong Communication; Self-motivated; dedicated; great teammate
- Experience providing exceptional customer service
- Prior experience with Middle-ware web services (IIS, Apache)
- Prior experience with Databases (MS SQL, Oracle, DB2)
- Some Experience with Programming / scripting, Network+ or Security+ certifications
We'd love to see:
- Security Operations Center experience a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg” www.youtube.com/InsideBloomberg
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status