San Francisco, CA
Posted May 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 116188
Bloomberg News invests in its journalism and its journalists. We have a culture in which you will be supported and challenged to innovate, to learn new skills and to deliver news in a manner best suited to the modern reader's interests. You will grow as a writer, as a data-driven journalist, and over time you will be exposed to a rich selection of opportunities only available at the world's most credible financial news organization.
Bloomberg seeks an experienced and agile editor who possesses deep knowledge of the underlying mechanics and complex issues raised by artificial intelligence, someone who can play a pivotal role in shaping our newsroom’s coverage of this emerging technology. This person will be capable of earning the trust of our AI reporters and helping them formulate smart, forward-looking stories in an already crowded and competitive field. The ideal candidate will be skilled at bringing out the best work from journalists, engaging energetically in every stage of story production—from conceiving and developing ideas to setting reporting priorities and executing rigorous edits.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experienced editor who is adept at substantially elevating the quality of stories.
- Skilled at working with colleagues from across the newsroom to creatively present information, such as through charts, graphics, photos, illustrations and more.
- Ability to work with a broad range of personality types and encourage constructive collaboration among groups of journalists, including from different bureaus, regions and teams.
- Commitment to the idea that journalism can and should hold the powerful to account.
- Proven record of editing high-impact stories that changed perceptions.
- Ability to work quickly under deadline pressure.
- Focused on best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 125,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus