AIM Implementation Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 77085
AIM is the buy-side order management system of Bloomberg, delivering global multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 850 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market - one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
What's the role?
The Implementation Team is critical in launching a successful client engagement by providing buy-side industry insight and best practice trading workflows for a wide range of client types. As an Implementations Representative, our clients will depend on you to provide project management, client onboarding, system configuration, training, testing and support across portfolio management, order management, trading, compliance and operations. The role is based in New York and covers clients across North America with some travel required.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide detailed project plans and project management/governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third party vendor applications
- Navigate and organize complex client requirements to clearly define project milestones and timelines
- Influence and implement industry best practices for order management workflows
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication channels across multiple implementation projects concurrently with varying degrees of asset class and workflow complexities
- Support implementations activities working alongside colleagues in Sales, Account Management & Product Development
- Acquire and instill a deep exposure into AIM's offering across Front, Middle and Back Office solutions
- Effectively manage client expectations for an optimal on-boarding experience
- Work as the product advocate to increase usage during and after the implementation
You'll need to have:
- 4 to 8 years of enterprise financial software implementation experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior experience of buy-side order management implementation / project management / best practices are essential
- Deep knowledge of workflows across portfolio management, order management, trading, compliance and operations for institutional investment managers
- Strong interest and knowledge in financial markets across all major asset classes
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great organization skills, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work well as a team
- A highly articulate, consultative approach to client engagement and execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Application knowledge (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Project)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status