BQuant Web Frameworks- Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Posted Mar 25, 2022 - Requisition No. 101903
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Modern finance teams have an increasing dependence on quality data. While valuable, the sheer volume of the data available can be overwhelming, making it difficult to tell compelling stories about performance, strategy, and prospects. That’s where our team comes in.
BQuant is a fully managed Jupyter-Python programming environment in the Bloomberg Terminal. It provides access to data, rich visualizations, financial specific analytics, integration with Bloomberg enterprise systems, and the ability to publish applications to other Bloomberg Terminal users within their firm. We are building the next generation of BQuant. The portal is an external client-facing, web-based "one-stop shop" portal that our clients use to manage various aspects of their BQuant projects and workflows.
We're looking for new team members as we expand to a web client-facing version of our system. Through this initiative, we will continue developing new features in our existing Bloomberg application to accommodate more complex workflows for our users. As we iterate quickly and constantly, we'll continue maintaining a high standard of software best practices and ensure our system can scale to accommodate the growth of our user base.
We are constantly improving our experience for the benefit of new and existing clients, and are looking for someone who excels at owning and understanding product requirements, not just building them. Just as with other teams within Bloomberg, we are devoted to delivering quality software quickly!
What’s in it for you:
- For this role, you will help with the efforts of porting some existing desktop functionality to the web with a cleaner UI while solving complex problems of integration with Bloomberg services.
- Opportunity to regularly present work to senior stakeholders at Bloomberg, including our CTO.
- Making a significant impact on a highly visible, new product within a large organization.
We’ll trust you to:
- Own the technical design and implementation of cross-functional, multi-platform, front-end applications using React/Redux
- Help define our frontend architecture, coding standards, and best practices
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build efficient and reusable UI components.
- Collaborate with Product and UX teams to learn client use cases and ensure the technical feasibility of any designs.
- Contribute to product vision.
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers and senior stakeholders
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
- Be able to excel in a collaborative agile environment
- Be part of the full development life cycle, from back-end services to front-end development and automated testing, including visual regression testing.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of professional web development experience in a production environment.
- 5+ years experience with common front-end technologies, such as React, Angular, Webpack, Yarn, etc
We’d love to see:
- Experience building and maintaining component libraries
- Previous involvement in developing and leveraging web analytics.
- Some background in full-stack development
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma
We recently posted a "meet the team" blog post, check out the link below to get to know our SF engineering office!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status