We are seeking a highly-motivated, talented individual to join our analyst team in San Francisco and write new research on clean energy and power sector transformation in North America.
You’re someone with a keen interest in energy. You develop original opinions through critical examination, and you enjoy communicating these in both writing and speech. Your quantitative skills are strong, and you have a good eye for detail. Teamwork is important to you, and you are excited by the prospect of collaborating with colleagues and clients from a wide range of backgrounds.
You will be based in our San Francisco office, working as part of a global research team at Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
What’s the role?
- You will join as an analyst covering the clean energy and power sector across the U.S. and Canada
- Together with team members, you will identify topics of client interest and importance, conduct independent research, generate insightful findings, and produce written reports of publishable quality
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries, in person and remotely
- Develop an internal and external network of industry contacts in order to gather insights, identify trends and collect information
We will trust you to:
- Become an expert on the North America clean energy industry and/or power sector
- Research, analyze and write about the latest developments in the sector, including policy developments, technology trends, clean energy deployment, competitive analysis of key player strategies, and other relevant topics
- Write and publish reports in English; conduct fundamental market analysis in Excel
- Explain your research to clients via email, telephone and in-person meetings
- Deliver presentations at industry events
- Build a reputation in industry for your insightful commentary and analysis of the sector
You need to have:
- Intellectual curiosity, interest in and enthusiasm for the energy industry; a desire to become an expert on clean energy in North America
- Good communication skills: writing (for research reports, in English) and speaking (for presentations at conferences, to clients, or to the media)
- Degree in a related field, or a strong willingness to learn coupled with a quantitative background in math, engineering, sciences, or computer science
- Ability to think critically and develop thoughtful opinions by cutting through the noise of data, finding key patterns, applying judgment to the claims of industry participants and asking insightful questions
- Ability to distill and communicate complex topics to non-specialist audiences
- Good time management skills, initiative and ability to work on multiple projects at once
We’d love to see:
- Candidates with previous experience in relevant areas, such as the wind or solar industry, or the power sector more broadly
- A graduate degree in a quantitative subject
If this sounds like you:
- Apply if you think we're a good match
- *Please include a cover letter with your application outlining your interest in the energy sector (250 words)*
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.