BloombergNEF Account Manager
San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 78350
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to join our North America commercial team as an Account Manager.
BNEF provides extraordinary market analysis, unique online tools and best-in-class data for decision makers steering the transition to a low carbon global economy. BNEF helps clients to optimize their own analysis, sharpen strategies and inform stakeholder engagement. BNEF is a business unit of Bloomberg L.P. and has 250 staff based in London, New York, Beijing, Cape Town, Hong Kong, Munich, New Delhi, San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Washington D.C., and Zurich.
BNEF is seeking a highly talented individual to join our North American commercial team based in San Francisco. You will support the team by helping to originate new client relationships, grow and renew existing clients and assist in meeting our accelerated growth targets. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, an intellectual interest in and capacity for becoming highly conversant in energy topics, and an ability to manage a wide range of responsibilities in parallel. This position is a contractor role, with a possibly of becoming permanent at the end of the contract period.
We'll trust you to:
- Originate new client relationship and renew and grow existing customer accounts
- Work on strategic development of key client relationships
- Provide customer assistance and outstanding client service
- Collaborate with the colleagues in Bloomberg's core terminal business in the territory to grow and expand existing relationships and pursue new leads
- Travel and conduct face-to-face meetings with clients and prospects in the territory
- Coordinate client events by inviting clients/prospects and handling logistics
- Respond to client requests ensuring quick turnaround
- Assist in the preparation of major sales activities, such as content presentations to senior audiences.
- Provide constructive feedback to product and analysis teams regarding client needs
- Manage proposals and contracts
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree at a minimum
- Minimum of five years experience building industry relationships and exceeding sales targets
- A strong interest and experience in the energy market
- Desire and ability to travel to conduct face-to-face meetings with clients and prospects
- A confirmed ability to work on parallel tasks and collaborate across teams
- An assiduous attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
- Experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and related sales tools
- Experience of relevant energy industry experience
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorize to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship in the future
If this sounds like you, please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.