You're a news junkie who loves breaking news. You embrace challenges, have excellent judgment, can make split-second decisions, works well with others and thrive in a real-time environment. Our team is lightning fast, innovative and uses our collective experience to anticipate where and how news will break next. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our West Coast Breaking News team in the Americas.
We'll trust you to:
- Unearth news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
- Recognize news that is significant to the markets
- Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories that explain the `why' in addition to the `what'
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
- Utilize machine learning tools to ensure Bloomberg remains on the cusp of breaking news
- Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of global markets, economics, politics and finance
- The ability to write and edit clearly and quickly under deadline pressure
- Experience working in a real-time news environment preferred
- A robust knowledge of social media and appreciation of how news breaks on various platforms
- Fluency in English
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Proficiency in reading languages other than English; especially Mandarin, Korean or Japanese
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
- Familiarity with the technology beat and knowledge of the players in that area
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.