Broadcast Operator - San Francisco (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 93137
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg News San Fran is looking for an individual with a proactive attitude who is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations who can work collaboratively in a control room and studio environment. This individual will be required to work with our SF editorial colleagues and NY operators. You will be expected to coordinate inbound/outbound feeds, set up any live studio guests and/or reporters, frame/shade robotic and hand-held cameras, and assist our engineering team with maintenance work. This candidate will be a key liaison between our NY and SF offices.
This role would be part-time with a maximum of 20 hours per week unless there are back-fill needs .
You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A2 experience for mic-ing guests and reporters
- Ability to operate robotic or hand-held cameras is a plus
- Experience with lighting is a plus
We would like to see:
- Flexibility to work early morning or later afternoon hours
- Willingness to perform additional tasks
- An ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills for answering phones, intercoms and emails
- Experience working with ENPS rundowns is a plus
- Experience working in live television and experience working in a live newsroom is a plus
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.