Climate Tech Editor
San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 112883
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
Bloomberg Green is looking for an experienced editor to shape our coverage of climate technology. This is a wide-ranging beat that encompasses the groundbreaking innovations at the forefront of decarbonization as well as scores of clean-tech startups — everything from direct-air capture plants that pull carbon dioxide from the atmosphere to next-generation battery manufacturers, zero-emission steel foundries and lab-grown meat startups. This job requires tracing the path of emerging technologies from research laboratories through the venture-capital lifecycle and into the global economy.
The fast-growing scale of climate tech — with more than $70 billion in venture capital invested in hundreds of startups over the last two years, some 55 clean-tech unicorns, and hundreds of billions of dollars in new government spending now in the pipeline — makes cross-team collaboration a crucial part of this editing job.
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO:
- Help explain unfamiliar technologies in clear language and be dedicated to puncture greenwashing hype
- Deliver vivid stories in formats that range from features and profiles to sharp newsletters and scoops
- Draw reporters, data visualization specialists and other contributors into the mix to get stories done
- Work diplomatically across the newsroom
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A solid understanding of climate change and mitigation efforts, including the fundamentals of science and emissions accounting
- A proven track record of collaborating with reporters and editors to break news and deliver enterprise on deadline
- A sense of urgency combined with a track record of working across teams to produce creative work of the highest caliber
- An ability to think creatively about story presentation, formats and work with different platforms on audience engagement
- Experience working with video is a major plus
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 125,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus