San Francisco, CA
Posted Jul 18, 2018 - Requisition No. 68200
You're a seasoned energy reporter with a deep knowledge of the power and renewables world, excellent writing skills and an eye for a good story. You have a knack for finding scoops and breaking news but can also pivot to smart analyses that puts the news into context and explains why it matters. You'll help us chronicle the challenges America's power industry is facing amid dueling energy policies, an increasing dependence on natural gas and the onslaught of renewable energy and batteries in big-picture features.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover some of America's most important power markets and companies
- Unearth scoops that constantly reinforce Bloomberg's role as the go-to source of news for the power and renewables world
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with power traders, analysts, bankers and executives
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world and across platforms, including Businessweek, Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience reporting, preferably on power and renewable energy markets and industries
- Strong writing skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.