Equity Market & Workflow Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 99317
On any given day as a Market & Workflow Specialist, you will be consulting senior decision makers at client accounts, helping prospect and close new sale opportunities, and shaping product development.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, our team within Enterprise Sales serve as the de facto asset class experts at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our users’ experience and impacts sales revenue, it also plays a vital role in enhancing the knowledge of our sales force and is a source of actionable client feedback for our product development teams.
Our team has deep asset class knowledge, as well a strong understanding of client workflows and Bloomberg's product offerings. This is a client-facing, sales-oriented role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales and Product teams to build and execute on strategies to retain, maintain, and grow revenue. Engagement with key financial players across the front, middle and back-office, as well as, various internal departments are vital in this role. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, comfortable in a demanding, client-driven environment!
We'll trust you to:
- Utilize your strong product knowledge, technical skills, and market knowledge to generate revenue for our terminal and enterprise businesses
- Establish Go-To-Market strategies and define KPIs and success for product developments
- Direct client engagement to identify their needs and articulate our solutions to translate them into business opportunities for Enterprise Sales
- Build and maintain influential relationships with senior level contacts and decision-makers.
- Develop and Implement new business initiatives and campaigns to drive commercial impact for the region
- Understand the competitive landscape, market and industry trends and regulations, and the impact to our clients. Communicate this understanding to provide actionable feedback to business managers to help shape the direction of our Products
- Communicate your Product and Asset class knowledge to train and educate Enterprise Sales
- Be the face of Bloomberg by being involved in training, running campaigns, and speaking at events
You'll need to have:
- 5-7+ years of practical experience and detailed theoretical knowledge in Equity markets; know the player-types and their workflows; including relative value analysis, portfolio construction and risk management
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies, and associations.
- Strong presentation and training skills with the ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner
- Willingness to travel (health and safety conditions permitting)
We'd love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- CFA charter-holder and/or MBIf this sounds like you;
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/enterprise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.