Event Planner - Bloomberg Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jul 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 76098
Bloomberg’s Marketing department is searching for an experienced Event Planer to join us in San Francisco to execute sales and marketing events. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. You're the type of person who has a passion for the details around event planning and understands what customer service really means.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development, planning, management and execution of Business Unit events across Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Work collaboratively within a small, tight-knit team
- Plan and execute sales and marketing event programs for assigned Business Units that may be in different time zones
- Work with regional marketing and/or sales lead to design and implement relevant event programs
- Leverage Bloomberg-specific event execution tools, programs and infrastructure to deliver events
- Implement event processes, standards and measurements across all events
- Collaborate with marketing program managers to ensure the successful deployment & integration of events with external partners (government agencies, conference organizers, key associations, etc) and creation of unique event experiences that communicate our key messages
- Infuse customized, out-of-the-box ideas and solutions for events
- Manage the creative process, including invites, event production, audio visual requirements, etc
- Lead projects with multiple stakeholders (across different geos and businesses) and teams from inception to delivery
- Prepare and comply with event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensure payments & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
- Project manage virtual events (on-demand webcasts and live webinars)
You need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years of proven post-graduate experience event planning within a global company environment, agency or non-profit organization
- Experience utilizing technology, digital and social media tactics into events
- Moderate to Advanced skill-level with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Excellent knowledge and thorough comprehension of event logistics and management of events
- The ability to suggest & enhance functionality on event management / tracking systems
- A strong understanding of social media networks
- The ability to work independently & flexibly (travel involved) under tight deadlines
- A track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- Media and financial industry interest and understanding a plus
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.