Executive Producer - Decrypted (San Francisco / New York)
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jul 30, 2019 - Requisition No. 76401
We are seeking a seasoned Executive Producer to lead our award-winning podcast Decrypted. As a valued member of our team, you will collaborate with 50 reporters and editors around the world to bring the industry’s biggest stories to life through innovative audio. You will help conceive of, report and script 15-25 minute dynamic and compelling audio stories during our spring and fall seasons. You will oversee the show’s calendar, develop new episode formats and helm the podcast’s medium- and long-term strategy. You are passionate about building community and influencing broader audiences. You love to interact with your network of newsmakers, and proactively seek partnership and storytelling opportunities.
This position will be based in San Francisco or New York. This role could involve co-hosting the show - if you’re open to it.
You’ll need to have:
- Desire to build, create, and innovate.
- 3 or more years of experience producing narrative audio stories, whether for podcasts or radio.
- Hands-on experience with multimedia and production-intensive storytelling.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and be a resourceful self-starter.
- Passion for audio storytelling.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced newsroom with tight deadlines.
- A collaborative spirit to work well with our reporters, editors and producers across different departments and different countries.
- A journalism background and interest in business and financial news.
- A passion for technology news, although prior tech-reporting experience is not required.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.