San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 113173
At Bloomberg, our mission has always been to provide real-time data, news, and analytics to our clients quickly and accurately. Our clients are some of the biggest players in finance, and they rely on our software to manage their portfolios, analyze the markets, and make swift trading decisions that keep them ahead of the competition. We have more than 320,000 clients across the world, so it’s critical for our systems to be available, stable, and above all reliable. That’s where the Incident Management team comes in.
The Incident Management team manages the coordination and communication for all service-impacting outages. Our mission is to ensure all outages are resolved as quickly as possible and have minimal impact on all downstream users and workflows. To accomplish this, we structure and lead investigations in partnership with technical teams across the company – from developers to client support. We are the central point for all team members. As such, we ensure that accurate and timely information is communicated to all stakeholders during significant outages.
Post incident, we assist with Problem Management activities, helping to analyze and help pursue root cause analysis as well as identifying remediation actions to make sure our incidents do not recur.
The Incident Management team is critical to providing the best possible service for our clients, and we take pride in the impact we have on the company’s continued success.
We'll trust you to:
- Communicate and escalate with stakeholders and senior management both for breaking news on outages and for status updates
- Quickly and accurately assess the severity of an outage in regards to business impact and technical complexity
- Facilitate outage resolution by effective and timely communication across multiple teams
- Coordinate investigations, deploying critical thinking skills to drive incidents to resolution/remediation
- Be a self-starter who is assertive but diplomatic with the ability to prioritize workload and to perform in a high-pressure environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience in Incident Management or technical support with a focus on application or infrastructure
- Strong organizational skills and ability to excel at multithreaded processing
- Aptitude to hit the ground running with the preparedness to ‘pick up the pace’ during major outages
- Confident communication skills with the ability to effectively tailor correspondence regarding technical issues to various audiences
- Strong collaboration skills and a vested interest in developing a strong, diverse network
- Innovation and drive – someone who is happy to challenge the status quo and collaborate on processes within the team
- Curiosity - someone who is comfortable knowing what they don’t know and has the drive to self study to learn more
- Understanding of the fundamentals of industry standard technologies and infrastructure such as: networking, cloud infrastructure, middleware, databases, and virtual infrastructure
- ITIL Service Support knowledge
- Familiarity with, or knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal or other Bloomberg products
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 170,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus