On any given day as a Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping prospect and close new sale opportunities, and shaping product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented Mortgage professional to join our expanding team of market specialists in San Francisco. In this role you will have a specific focus on RMBS, CMBS, CLO, Agency and/or Loan markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Protecting the existing terminal base by influencing customer usage patterns, increasing product adoption, and helping the sales-force to generate and close new sales opportunities.
- Building and maintaining key relationships with decision-makers and senior financial professionals.
- Shaping future product development by providing business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations and market practices.
- Marketing the product by speaking at external events and industry conferences; organizing and delivering seminars, webinars and audio-visual presentations; writing content for Bloomberg on-line and printed publications.
- Furthering the knowledge of our sales-force by designing and delivering customized training.
- Formulating responses to queries from prospects, customers, salespeople and our Help Desk.
You’ll need to have:
- 5-7+ years of practical experience and detailed theoretical knowledge in RMBS, CMBS, CLO, Agency and/or Loan markets.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL® service, and familiarity with other relevant market information platforms.
- An extensive network of deep client relationships, and ties to applicable professional organizations, societies and associations.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
- Outstanding presentational skills, with the power to command and hold the attention of both small groups and large audiences.
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, with the capacity to influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Willingness to travel
We’d love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- CFA charter and/or MBA
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.