Multi-Skilled Broadcast Operator - San Francisco (Part-Time Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 23, 2022 - Requisition No. 112743
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
The Bloomberg News team in San Francisco is looking for an individual with a proactive attitude that is focused, flexible, and proficient in several aspects of broadcast operations. While this is a part-time contract opportunity, this individual will be expected to work collaboratively in a control room and LIVE studio environment. You will be a key liaison between our New York (NY) and San Francisco (SF) teams and offices. You will work closely with our talent and editorial colleagues in San Francisco and with your New York counterparts, to ensure a quality visual presentation.
This opportunity will require timely and thorough communication skills, with responsibility for maintaining the studio in San Francisco and coordinating the crew's schedule. You will need to be able to coordinate routes, set up live studio guests and reporters, frame/shade robotic and hand-held cameras, and assist our engineering team with maintenance work.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Flexible work schedule (hours may shift between early morning, afternoon, or evening)
- Basic TV production skills and well-rounded experience in a live production environment
- A2 & Stage managing experience
- Robotic and/or hand-held camera experience
- Television set lighting experience is a plus
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced LIVE broadcast environment
- Acute attention to detail, with an ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues
- Strong social skills and ability to collaborate
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Strong communication skills for answering phones, intercoms and emails
- Experience working with ENPS rundowns is a plus
- Working efficiently with diverse personalities
- Experience with scheduling, Microsoft Excel
We would like to see:
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 40 - 60 USD Hourly