Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity, CTO Office
San Francisco, CA
Posted May 17, 2022 - Requisition No. 103611
Who we are:
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future-looking technical and product arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design, and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware, and applications. We are passionate about what we do.
What we do:
At Bloomberg, we have the richest and most comprehensive financial datasets and analytics in the world. Our powerful enterprise products serve a large and diverse client base from data intensive analytics to trading. The Bloomberg Quant Platform (BQuant) is the frontier of our work – a platform for quantitative finance professionals to rapidly analyze data and research trading strategies.
The BQuant platform brings both data and tools to the larger audience of Bloomberg users. It combines cutting-edge Machine Learning (ML) and quant techniques with financial domain expertise to empower clients to perform collaborative quant research and deploy production workflows integrated with our deep stack of enterprise products. This revolutionary product is enabling clients to rapidly accelerate their research-to-production cycle and achieve an edge in the market.
What's in it for you:
This is a unique opportunity to join a cross-functional team with Product, Engineering, UX, and Client teams on a high profile project. The ability for our clients to learn how to effectively use BQuant is going to be critical to our continuing growth, so we are accelerating our efforts around this. The team is global, located in London, NYC, and San Francisco. We are expanding the team, along with similar hiring in our Engineering department, to accelerate the range of products and use cases we support.
We'll trust you to:
Make it easier for our clients to learn and be productive on the BQuant platform by:
- Driving the client-facing features in the BQuant UI that support learning and productivity (e.g., help portal, code autocomplete, etc.).
- Prioritizing the creation of learning materials and documentation through collaboration with clients and Bloomberg teams.
- Owning the roadmap and backlog for the learning and performance systems (including LMS/LXP, CMS, and related processes).
- Ensuring best practices in learning science and productivity tools are used throughout.
- Promoting continuous evaluation of features, content, and processes to drive iterative design and improvement.
You’ll need to have:
- A demonstrated track record in delivering client-facing features, content, and systems to enhance learning and productivity.
- Proven product management skills to effectively coordinate and work with Content Creators, Engineers, UX, Product Managers, and senior management.
- A track record of shaping business strategy and roadmaps for technical products.
- The ability to gather and prioritize business requirements and translate these into user stories and an actionable backlog.
- Technical fluency and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with stakeholders.
- Deep practical knowledge of cognitive and learning science applied to the design of learning and performance solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (documents, presentations, verbal) to both technical and executive audiences.
- Prior experience working in a deeply technical domain. Finance or technical knowledge will be a plus.
We’d love to see:
- A degree in Learning Science, Instructional Design, other areas related to this role, or a STEM subject.
- Comfort with coding languages; Python would be a plus.
- Knowledge of quantitative finance or domains adjacent to our BQuant offering, such as cloud services, API-based products, data science, JupyterLab, etc.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.