Risk and Valuation Sales Specialist (BVAL)
San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 22, 2019 - Requisition No. 76791
Out of the millions of securities that exist, most are thinly traded and difficult to price. Traditionally, a few broker quotes were sufficient to justify value. Regulators now understand the need to increase rigor and transparency when establishing fair and independent asset evaluations.
The entire enterprise benefits from the consistency of Bloomberg’s high-quality data when front, middle office and operations all work with the same information. Risk committees will appreciate BVAL’s ability to not only provide defensible pricing but also to help identify, measure, monitor and manage valuation uncertainties particularly during volatile conditions. Accounting teams can expect to see market data inputs for exactly how prices are derived. And senior executives will obtain a greater sense of control over their valuations through the transparency BVAL provides, easing concerns about valuation defensibility.
What's the role?
As a key member of our growing North American Sales team, you'll be responsible for sales of the suite of solutions under the Bloomberg Asset Valuation Service (BVAL) banner. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships.
You will have in-depth fixed income pricing knowledge and enterprise sales ability. You need to be comfortable working with buy side or sell side clients, as well as custodians and fund administrators. You’ll be familiar with the flow of data around a financial organization, who uses it and what for. Additionally you’ll have a sound knowledge of the regulatory landscape.
You'll be a good listener too, and be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients. You’ll demonstrate how the quality, coverage, transparency and independence of BVAL improves business processes and facilitates compliance with new regulations. You’ll be comfortable interacting with C-level executives, experienced with long selling cycles and confident in communicating how our pricing and regulatory solutions will contribute to their overall business goals at a higher level.
We'll trust you to;
- Manage the BVAL sales engagement smoothly from beginning to end
- Leverage market, product and technical expertise to identify client needs
- Produce clear, concise proposals (RFIs, RFPs) with an appropriate level of detail that identify client needs, current workflows, proposed solutions and commercials
- Establish & execute a pipeline target market strategy for achieving sales targets through the appropriate stages of the sales cycle within your assigned client base
- Build relationships across client organizations to ensure that all stakeholders are managed appropriately as part of the sales process
- Balance engagements across the sales life-cycle to maintain desired pipeline levels for long, medium, and short-term sales
- You'll leverage your knowledge to build and maintain credibility with clients, as well as to recommend enhancements to our range of BVAL solutions
You’ll need to have:
- Experience in sales where you have met or exceeded demanding targets
- A particularly strong fixed income product knowledge, to provide high level analytical and product expertise to our clients and our sales force
- A competent grasp on the regulatory landscape
- A consultative sales approach
- Confidence in giving on site client presentations and trainings
- Our clients are located all over North America, so a willingness to travel is essential
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with the Bloomberg Professional Service would be the icing on the cake
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.