Senior Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Posted Mar 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 89834
Bloomberg Second Measure is a leading provider of data analytics that deliver valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Using data from billions of anonymized transactions, we have created self-service analytics products for daily tracking and real-time exploration of 5,200+ public and private companies. Clients use our product to discover new markets, gain an advantage in financial investments, and inform their competitive strategies. Second Measure was acquired by Bloomberg in 2020.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Bloomberg Second Measure, you will be a critical technical contributor in the team responsible for building, managing data pipelines and enriching transaction data. Your architectural guidance will allow pipelines to run reliably, to process billions of transactions and to provide daily updates, so that our high-value clients can formulate their marketing and investment strategies.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with data scientists to implement novel data corrections
- Partner with our product team to explore new ways of combining multiple types of data to gain better consumer insights.
- Develop high-quality new features (70% hands-on design/coding/development/delivery, 30% mentoring junior engineers on the team)
- Proactively identify and remove complicated performance bottlenecks
You'll need to have:
- Proven track record delivering high-quality systems built using Python and/or Scala, Spark, Hive, and Presto
- Experience working with data pipelines, event-driven architecture
- Experience with container and orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Ability to identify Product MVPs and build fast
- Intolerance for sloppy code
- Proven understanding of Computer Science Fundamentals
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience building innovative solutions under flux and constraints
- Understanding of FinTech systems
- Familiarity with Terraform, Argo Workflows
Our Tech Stack/Development Tools:
S3, Hive Metastore, Spark, Presto, AWS SNS, SQS, EKS, ECR, Batch Terraform, Helm, Prometheus, Grafana, Go, Python, Scala, Redshift, Waggledance, Argo, Github, CircleCI, Docker
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.