Senior Full Stack Engineer - Bloomberg Second Measure Applications
San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 92830
Bloomberg Second Measure is a leading provider of data analytics that deliver valuable insights into company performance and consumer behavior. Using data from billions of anonymized transactions, we have created self-service analytics products for daily tracking and real-time exploration of 5,200+ public and private companies. Clients use our product to discover new markets, gain an advantage in financial investments, and inform their competitive strategies. Second Measure was acquired by Bloomberg in 2020.
As a Full Stack engineer at Bloomberg Second Measure, you will be a critical member of the team responsible for enabling our clients to make sense of rich transaction data. Your software will reliably and accurately present the output of our pipeline, which processes billions of transactions and provides daily updates, so that our high value clients can formulate their marketing and investment strategies. You will also be responsible for engineering systems that aggregate, cache, surface the data via different delivery channels.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with designers to develop novel data visualizations.
- Work closely with data scientists to develop new features for our flagship web product.
- Partner with Data Engineers and apply industry best practices in order to ensure our platform is flexible and scalable.
- Develop smart tools to retrieve data for internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as a core member of the engineering team, working independently to proactively identify and address opportunities to improve our culture and systems.
- 8+ years of practical experience architecting and developing B2B/B2C cloud applications using Python/Java, Typescript/React with focus on customer SLAs
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- 3+ years of developing and deploying applications on AWS. Should have used Docker, EKS, S3, Cloudfront, IAM (or equivalent technologies)
- 5+ years experience designing databases for a customer facing application.
- Prior experience building Data Analytics applications
- Experience with D3, C3 building dashboards and visualizations for external customers
- Experience building innovative solutions under flux and constraints
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.