Senior Infrastructure Engineer - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
Posted Oct 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 59719
Bloomberg has become a world leader in delivering market data from exchanges to our clients' desks in record time. Join us in delivering algorithms for the newest workforce in finance in the same way.
In our San Francisco office, we are developing a brand new platform to open up our data, core products, and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. We provide and manage the R and Python platform so our clients can focus on crafting their own algorithms and visualizations. Clients are generating GBs of new code and data daily and we need to build an infrastructure to scale to support them.
We are looking for people to help us develop the back end of this product, implementing services to ensure that we can share an algorithm and distribute it quickly, no matter where our client sits. You will be implementing services for synchronization, roaming and sharing of user files; dynamic download and on-demand deployment of our runtime platform; sharing, collaborating and remote execution of algorithms. Come help us build a novel infrastructure that pushes the financial industry into the next generation.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop distributed back-end HTTP API services in Python
- Scale opensource Python and R packaging and deployment technologies
- Learn about data science tools and identify new ideas and opportunities for this growing project
You need to have:
- 3+ years' experience developing scalable, back-end HTTP API services (leveraging technologies like HTTP proxy caching/Squid and CDN)
- 3+ years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language in a production system
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
- Experience on distributed cloud technologies (e.g. Docker, kubernetes, etc)
- Experience contributing to Open-Source projects
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.