Senior Kubernetes Engineer - Bloomberg PaaS
San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 25, 2017 - Requisition No. 62256
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, providing thousands of data and analytics services to our customers.
Our team is building a Platform as a service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams to develop, build and deploy their services to production in minutes.
If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications and container orchestration, this job is for you!
- Interested in management and automation of mission critical computing infrastructure
- Also interested in software design/implementation of features and tools
- Curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends
- Able to take initiative without close supervision
We'll trust you to:
- Maintain and support our Kubernetes based platform as a service (Kubernetes/Docker/Linux)
- Automate routine tasks via scripting and automation frameworks (Bash/Python/Ansible)
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
You'll need to have:
- Experience with and in-depth understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with automating routine tasks via scripting and automation frameworks such as Ansible
- In-depth understanding of UNIX/Linux system internals and TCP/IP networking
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field