Senior Kubernetes Platform Engineer - BQuant Enterprise Data Science
San Francisco, CA
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 88284
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Finance is changing:
Financial professionals are learning Python themselves. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our mission: democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds.
We are building a managed data science platform based on Jupyter, TensorFlow and Spark, running on Kubernetes. Customers can deploy the product pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg.
Who are you:
- You’re an experienced software engineer with extensive Kubernetes experience and broad knowledge of the cloud ecosystem.
- You know your way around Linux and can explain what’s happening under the hood when a container runs.
- You’re comfortable tinkering at a low level and communicating your work at a high level.
- You have experience mentoring junior engineers.
- You temper your confidence and experience with humility and collaboration.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop Kubernetes-based products running on customer-managed clusters and as a SaaS offering.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Treat security as a core product feature.
- Regularly present and explain your work to peers, senior stakeholders (including our CTO), and clients.
- Attend and lead internal meetups for Kubernetes, Go, and other technologies that interest you.
You need to have:
- 5+ years of production experience in Golang, Python, C++ or another programming language.
- Experience developing scalable and maintainable back-end systems.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure or VMWare.
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field.
We'd love to see:
- Experience committing or contributing to open-source projects.
- Experience delivering enterprise software to customers.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status