Senior Node.js Software Engineer - BPaaS - Bloomberg Platform as a Service Team (SF)
San Francisco, CA
Posted Nov 22, 2017 - Requisition No. 63526
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, providing thousands of data and analytics services to our customers.
Our team is building a Platform as a service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams to develop, build and deploy their services to production in minutes.
If you are passionate about developer productivity, cloud native applications and container orchestration, this job is for you!
You're the type of person who is:
- Interested in working on highly visible projects that will support mission critical use cases
- Interested in both backend and frontend development (Node.js, AngularJS)
- Enjoy working with cloud and container orchestration technologies (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenStack)
- Curious and a step ahead when it comes to software trends
- Able to take initiative without close supervision
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
You'll need to have:
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with Node.js and/or AngularJS
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field