Senior Platform Engineer: BQuant Enterprise
San Francisco, CA
Posted Aug 12, 2022 - Requisition No. 88284
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
About the Team
BQuant Enterprise is a Cloud Native data science platform built for finance professionals. It runs on Kubernetes and provides a Jupyter based development environment with seamless access to Bloomberg data and services. We aim to democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds.
Our team is responsible for building the infrastructure supporting user workflows on the platform and enabling teams to build powerful customer facing features. This includes authentication and authorization, connectivity for Bloomberg data and Cloud resources, and the backend services which allow customers to securely run Jupyter notebooks in BQuant Enterprise.
As a senior engineer within the team, we'll trust you to:
- Design and develop Kubernetes native applications running on customer-managed clusters and as a SaaS offering.
- Design, build and maintain robust and scalable APIs and services.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them grow.
- Collaborate with engineering teams across the company to deliver features critical to the product’s success.
- Regularly present your work to peers and senior stakeholders, including our CTO.
- Treat security as a core product feature.
- Learn about current and new relevant technologies and adopt them to build value for our customers.
You need to have:
- 4+ years of production experience in Golang, Python, C++ or another programming language.
- Experience developing scalable back-end services.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- CS degree or equivalent experience.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience delivering enterprise software to customers.
- A good understanding of the Linux networking stack.
- Experience committing or contributing to open-source projects.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status