Senior Programming Director
San Francisco, CA
Posted Feb 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 114061
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
As Senior Programming Director, you will work closely with the Bloomberg Live editorial team and the Global Editor of Bloomberg Live to help develop sophisticated, news-making programming that enhances Bloomberg's editorial mission, burnishes our brand in the marketplace and is commercially successful.
Crucially, you will program and produce Bloomberg marquee events focusing on technology with topics including but not limited to: tech-driven innovation, cybersecurity, tech policy, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, gaming and other cutting edge tech-related subjects. In addition, you will lead programming on events that are focused on the intersection of business, entertainment, sports and technology.
All of Bloomberg Live’s events are created in collaboration with our editorial colleagues across our global newsroom. For these events you’ll be working closely with Bloomberg editors, TV and video anchors, reporters and analysts based in California and other key tech centers in the US, Europe and Asia, to create newsmaking, editorially relevant agendas and identify and secure appropriate speakers for the events.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Work with the Bloomberg Live editorial team in New York, London and Singapore to conceive and execute editorially-driven panels, interviews and/or presentations.
- Collaborate closely with key editorial stakeholders within the larger Bloomberg newsroom to ensure our events are relevant, newsy and compelling to our sophisticated audiences across all our editorial platforms: digital, print, radio, video, social media and the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Build and maintain the event series website, collect and post speaker photos and bios; oversee speaker outreach efforts, including researching appropriate speakers for each event; work with Bloomberg journalists and analysts to moderate editorial sessions at the events; and generally oversee all editorial aspects of the events.
- Ensure that the events you help create are consistent with Bloomberg's editorial mission and standards.
YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE:
- A minimum of eight years of journalism or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing high-concept or buzz-worthy panels, feature stories or television interviews, utilizing global executives and/or newsmakers.
- Strong knowledge of international business news, particularly in the areas of technology and the future of media
- Open to new commercial models
- A strong external network of newsmakers that can be relied on for ideas, bookings, and expanded relationships, particularly in the tech sector
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- The ability to juggle multiple assignments with good time management skills
- Experience booking for live events and/or television and radio strongly preferred
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 110,000 - 160,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus