Bloomberg is the world's premier financial data and analytics provider. For over 30 years, we have provided timely and accurate data to the world's financial institutions, including the largest banks and most elite hedge funds.
Here in our San Francisco office we’ve identified an opportunity to reach a new client base by building a brand new product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, machine learning researchers, and quantitative modelers.
Our target client base uses the R analytical language to apply mathematical and statistical methods to financial and risk management problems. Our platform allows these users to bring their algorithms to our data, not the other way around. With our service, users can develop their code in a unified environment that can be tested, shared, and deployed easily.
If you want to build a brand new product that empowers users to view and interact with our data in a totally customizable way and build their own intelligence and visualization around it, join our team!
We’ll trust you to:
- Build the platform infrastructure from an R library's implementation to its packaging and distribution to clients
- Learn about the R community, data science packages, and best practices
- Build APIs for users to access Bloomberg data and analytics in intuitive and novel ways
- Learn and understand the variety of ways quantitative developers interact with our data; from back-testing trading strategies over years of price history information to modeling and evaluating portfolio risk
- Come up with ideas on how to improve the financial data science platform and help implement them
You need to have:
- 2+ years developing Python, C or C++ packages and APIs
- 2+ years in API design, unit testing and library architecture
- 3+ years of computer science experience
We’d love to see:
- Experience with R
- Experience contributing to Open-Source projects
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.
If this sounds like you, submit an application, take a tour of our office (http://bit.ly/140Tour), and meet a few of our first engineers (http://bit.ly/140NewHires).