Senior Software Engineer - Bloomberg Quant (BQuant) Financial Libraries
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 30, 2020 - Requisition No. 81066
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
So where does BQuant fit in?
Finance is changing, and fast; new financial professionals are even learning Python themselves. Here in our San Francisco office we’ve identified an opportunity to reach this tech savvy client base by building a product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers.
Gone are the days of downloading raw CSV files! The BQuant platform allows users to bring their algorithms to our data, not the other way around. Our service provides a unified environment where users can develop their code and test, share, and deploy it easily. Our impact? Providing the entire industry with tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds, through customer deployed installations in enterprise environments.
The BQuant Financial Libraries team develops the APIs that drive these advanced financial applications. Customers use these APIs to programmatically access Bloomberg’s data and services, stitching them together in novel ways that could not have been done in the past. Build and analyze factors. Screen securities for investable ideas. Backtest custom trading strategies. Optimize portfolio allocations. Visualize the results. All this is possible using BQuant’s unique portal into Bloomberg’s data and services.
Come help us build a novel infrastructure that pushes the financial industry into the next generation.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop intuitive APIs for customers to utilize Bloomberg’s data and services in novel ways
- Collaborate with other teams in integrating their products into BQuant
- Adopt a test-driven mentality to developing code
You need to have:
- 5+ years using Python, C++ or another object oriented language in a production system
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience building and supporting production systems
- An understanding that software should be kept as simple as possible
We'd love to see:
- Financial domain experience across several asset classes
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.