Senior Software Engineer - Derivatives Market Data Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
Posted May 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 89983
Bloomberg is the global leader in financial data and analytics. Financial Derivatives instruments across several asset classes (foreign exchange, fixed income, equity, index, commodity, credit, etc) trade millions of times a day in a multi-trillion dollar market throughout the world.
The mission of the Derivatives Data Pipeline Infrastructure team is to provide cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for ingesting, storing, processing and interacting that helps developing data intensive financial applications.
What’s in it for you?
The Data Pipeline Infrastructure team is looking for engineers with a passion for building world class infrastructure products. You will work with many cross-functional infrastructure and application teams on defining, designing and implementing streaming infrastructure components and data lake, as well as growing the internal community, with the end goal of helping Bloomberg deliver better financial products.
Responsibilities will include
- Build and operate data infrastructure supporting billions of market data per day.
- Scale and operationalize big data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Presto, Flink, Hadoop
- Ensure data infrastructure offers reliable high-quality data with consistent SLAs
- Write code, documentation, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers
- Work with open source community and present in technical conferences
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience scaling and operating distributed systems like big data processing engines (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark), streaming systems (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Kafka), or data lake technologies (e.g., Delta Lake, Apache Iceberg, Apache Huidi)
- Fluency in Java, Scala or a similar language
- Ability to debug complex issues in large scale distributed systems
- Passion for building infrastructure that is reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technology field
We'd love to see:
The ideal candidates will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities. They will be self-starters, comfortable with ambiguity and have curiosity to understand application development challenges in the financial domain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.