Senior Software Engineer - Platform as a Service
San Francisco, CA
Posted May 6, 2021 - Requisition No. 90613
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, providing thousands of data and analytics services to our customers.
Our team is building a Platform as a service (PaaS) based on Kubernetes that allows Bloomberg engineering teams around the world to develop, deploy, and manage production services.
If you are passionate about mission-critical system development, cloud native applications, and container orchestration, this role is for you!
What’s in it for you:
- Work on highly visible projects that will support mission-critical use cases
- Build with cloud and container orchestration technologies (Docker/Kubernetes/OpenStack)
- Research and keep the team aware of latest software trends
- Take initiative without close supervision
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with team members and other engineering teams to design scalable and robust systems
- Proactively recommend and contribute improvements to the platform
- Work with a variety of technologies to develop innovative solutions
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of hands on Software Programming experience
- Being ahead of the curve for experience level is more important than number of years experience
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
We’d love to see:
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.