Senior Software Engineer - Streaming Platform
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jun 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 75502
Bloomberg is investing in an enterprise-wide Streaming Platform as a Service (or, SPaaS) to support large-scale and low-latency event and stream processing pipelines for financial analytics. This platform is being built around the Kafka and Kubernetes ecosystem.
The platform aims to provide both a deployment runtime and a set of standardized workflows for streaming applications as well as connectivity to a variety of internal data sources and publish/consume endpoints. The platform is being targeted towards a variety of streaming analytics workloads such as Tickstream and Tradeflow processing, with the workloads being both high-throughput (in the order of millions of messages/sec) and low-latency (sub-10 milliseconds).
If the opportunity to define and implement key components of this platform in our San Francisco sounds like the challenge you've been looking for, we'd love to hear from you.
We'll Trust You To:
- Contribute to the development of our Streaming Platform
- Interact with application teams to understand specific requirements and drive the next set of platform features
- Meet with key players in the open source community to motivate development efforts and contribute as necessary
You'll Need To Have:
- 3+ years experience programming in 2 major programming languages (Java/Scala and Python/Go) and willing to pick up more as needed
- Strong understanding of the internals of Kafka and its surrounding ecosystem such as Kafka Streams or Flink
We'd Love To See:
- Experience building ETL/streaming analytics infrastructure of any kind
- Prior experience building applications on Kubernetes with good knowledge of its idioms as well as knowledge of its surrounding ecosystem (Istio, Knative etc.)
- Open source contributions and community evangelism of any sort
We want to work with engineers who are passionate about community-driven development both within the company and with the wider open source community. If this sounds like you, apply!