Senior Software Engineer/SRE - Enterprise Data Science Platform
San Francisco, CA
Posted Feb 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 88609
Bloomberg is the global leader in business and financial data, news and insight. Using the power of technology, we connect the world’s decision makers to accurate information on the financial markets – and help them make faster, smarter decisions.
Finance is changing, and fast; Jupyter and Python are becoming the de-facto toolset for financial professionals. We are building a new product from scratch to open up our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, ML researchers, and quantitative modelers. Our mission: democratize the industry by providing every participant with advanced quantitative tools that are currently only available to large banks and hedge funds.
What is the product?
We are building a managed data science platform based on Jupyter, TensorFlow and Spark, running on Kubernetes. Customers can deploy the product pre-configured on their own premises, or buy it as a service from Bloomberg.
We'll trust you to:
- Build the software-as-a-service deployments of our product
- Own and harden the team’s CD pipeline
- Build self-service release tools for application teams
- Build observability tools for application teams
- Assist with incident response and remediation
You need to have:
- Automation-first mindset
- 3+ years of experience with a programming language such as Go or Python
- Experience with the following:
o Infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
o Public or private cloud technology such as AWS, GCP or OpenStack
o CI/CD tools such as BuildBot
o Observability tools such as Prometheus or Humio
- Strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field, or equivalent experience
We'd love to see:
- Security experience, for example IAM or OAuth
- Low-level Linux experience
- CD tooling such as Argo or Concourse
- Contributions to open-source projects
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.