Bloomberg is the world's premier financial data and analytics provider. For over 30 years, we have provided timely and accurate data to the world's financial institutions, including the largest banks and most elite hedge funds.
Here in our San Francisco office we’ve identified an opportunity to reach a new client base by building a brand new product that opens our data, core products and visualizations to data scientists, machine learning researchers, and quantitative modelers.
We're building a financial development platform and are looking for people to help build out visualizations and rich features on top of Jupyter Notebooks. Our clients want the power of Bloomberg analytics, flexibility of programming, and quick answers. Come help us redefine how the financial industry gets their next trading idea.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build extensions and features on top of the Jupyter Notebook
- Design and build financial visualizations
- Learn and understand the variety of ways quantitative developers interact with our data; from back-testing trading strategies over years of price history information to modeling and evaluating portfolio risk
- Come up with ideas on how to improve the financial data science platform and help implement them
You need to have:
- 2+ years developing in Angular, React or other web framework
- 2+ years in Visualization libraries like d3, vega, etc.
We’d love to see:
- Experience with chromium
- Experience with Text and Code editors or experience with IDE plugins
- Experience contributing to Open-Source projects
- An appreciation for how our data sets underpin the world's financial systems - if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.
If this sounds like you, submit an application, take a tour of our office (http://bit.ly/140Tour), and meet a few of our first engineers (http://bit.ly/140NewHires).