Social Media Editor - Contract
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 88533
Bloomberg Opinion is seeking an experienced Social Media Editor to manage content promotion and strategy across all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Key responsibilities include identifying audience trends, creating multimedia around columns, resurfacing old opinion content during breaking news moments and working directly with editors to package major columns and features (from headline writing to social promotion) to ensure persistent reach and engagement.
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg Opinion content through social media promotion
- Track and analyze social media, search and Terminal data to grow our audience
- Thoroughly understand the ins and outs of day-to-day opinion operations
- Take a platform-specific approach to prioritizing content in order to curate various feeds
- Work with editors and writers in order to communicate social media best practices
- Bring a column to life by using video and photo editing tools to create specialized content for various platforms
- 1-3+ years of experience as an editor or social media editor preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgment
- Highly proficient with video and photo editing tools (Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Highly proficient in analytics tools (Google Analytics, Parse.ly, Crowdtangle)
- General understanding of Content Management Systems and social media curation tools like SocialFlow
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're looking forward to speaking with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.