Technical Support Engineer - Bloomberg On-Site Support
San Francisco, CA
Posted Nov 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 79728
Our Bloomberg On-Site Support (BOS) teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site and technical solutions to Bloomberg’s internal and external customers in more than 75 countries. Our customers rely on our technology and the support that we provide to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. The team consists of highly skilled specialists who are able to assist with Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software and networking infrastructure. Along with incoming workflows in which we assist multiple groups from implementations to facilitating local office support needs. We are a one-stop shop of on-site support and do not leave until the job is done.
What's the Role?
You operate in a Support Specialist role where you provide exceptional customer and technical service to both external and internal users. What makes our role unique is that we support our external clients through a proprietary help desk system, but also fulfill duties that allow us to provide on-site support when needed. Additionally, we support our internal colleagues to minimize and rectify any technology related problems that they encounter. In this role, you will get the best of both worlds as you get the exposure to resolve issues in a hands on environment but also utilize that base knowledge and translate that into a soft skill manner when troubleshooting with users.
You pride yourself in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing proactive and reactive changes. Collaborating with various groups to meet deadlines and act as a project coordinators to facilitate success.
You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment but you understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our customers internally and externally count on you daily. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service focus whilst dealing with customers
- Provide exemplary support to our customers, internal and external
- Ensure all work is logged and updated using our proprietary ticketing system
- Have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Be organized and manage incoming workflows
- Challenge yourself with investigation skills - be curious and ask questions to determine the nature of a problem
You must have:
- Proven excellence in customer service, interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong listening and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- A valid driving license
- Experience working with PC software/hardware, networking devices
- Exposure to networking technology (Networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN)
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu)
- Experience with Windows OS, Mac OS, Android/IOS, Desktop Support
- Familiarity with installing hardware such as flat panels, PCs, routers, docking stations, and cable management
We would love to see:
- An understanding of analogue and digital circuits
- Network experience to include TCP/IP, LAN's, WAN's, Routers
- Knowledge on Virtualization / RDP
- A second language
- Demonstrated experience with Helpdesk/Desktop Support/Technical Support within an enterprise environment
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.