Technical Support Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 95528
Our Bloomberg On-Site Support (BOS) teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site and technical solutions to Bloomberg’s internal and external customers in more than 75 countries. Our customers rely on our technology and the support that we provide to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. The team consists of highly skilled specialists who are able to assist with Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software and networking infrastructure along with incoming workflows in which we assist multiple groups from implementations to facilitating local office support needs. We are a one-stop shop of on-site support and do not leave until the job is done.
What's the Role?
You operate in a Support Specialist role where you provide exceptional customer and technical service to external and internal users. What makes our role unique is that we support our external clients through a proprietary help desk system, but also fulfill duties that allow us to provide on-site support when needed. Our goal is to establish a trusting relationship with our clients – we act as the frontline and escalations for support inquiries and walk the clients through terminal onboarding and software support. As an on-site specialist, you will get the best of both worlds as you get the exposure to resolve issues in a hands-on environment but also utilize that base knowledge and translate that into a soft skill manner when troubleshooting with users.
You pride yourself in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by being able to understand and pre-empt needs as well as deliver personal, on-the-ground value and assistance spotting gaps and implementing proactive and reactive changes. Collaborating with various groups to meet deadlines and act as a project coordinator to facilitate success.
You are the calm voice and cool head in a fast-paced environment but you understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our customers internally and externally count on you daily. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
We will trust you to:
- Maintain an outstanding level of customer service focus whilst dealing with customers (account management, license activation, software support)
- Provide exemplary on-site support to install or service critical servers, appliances and computers for external clients and internal data center
- Utilizing Linux-based platforms to console into routers for service/new installation
- Be the point of contact for internal colleagues when they face technical issues in the office
- Demonstrate your knowledge on the connectivity and integration of our enterprise products
- Ensure all work is logged and updated using our proprietary ticketing system
- Have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Be organized and manage incoming workflows
- Challenge yourself with investigation skills - be curious and ask questions to determine the nature of a problem
You must have:
- Proven excellence in customer service, communication and customer-facing, problem solving skills
- A valid driving license, own vehicle with full insurance
- Experience in troubleshooting Windows/Mac, software, hardware (flat panels, PCs, routers, docking stations, and cable management) and general networking technology (Networking hardware, TCP/IP, LAN and WAN, router commands)
- Flexible coverage schedule to accommodate occasional evening, weekend work (time off in lieu)
- Experience with mobile devices - Android/iOS
- Experience with IT Help-desk/Desktop Support
We would love to see:
- Knowledge on Virtualization / Cloud | RDP/Citrix
- A second language
- An individual who is open to learning about finance / trading services – not essential for the role, but curiosity and attitude to learn new things is something we value!
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.