Technology Video Journalist
San Francisco, CA
Posted Jan 27, 2020 - Requisition No. 80988
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our Global Technology team leads the way in breaking news about the companies that are changing the world and the people who run them. We're seeking a capable, creative and industrious video journalist to join our award-winning team of reporters and editors.
Who we're looking for: You know how to harness the power of video to tell compelling stories about the intersection of technology and business. You are capable of generating and pitching an array of unique ideas; you have the grit and persistence needed to find sources overlooked by other reporters and dig out previously unreported information. You have a talent for knocking out clear, concise scripts that complement video you’ll help capture, and you possess the creativity and technical knowhow required to weave these words and images into a vivid narrative.
We'll trust you to:
- Stay abreast of the swiftly changing world of technology and business
- Craft and pitch a multitude of ideas that resonate with editors and our audience
- Prepare for and go on shoots with a team of producers and cinematographers.
- Rely on existing sources while developing a broad, diverse stable of new ones
- Write compelling scripts and work closely with video editors in post-production to structure your stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across the newsroom and around the world
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices and demonstrate sound judgment
- Possess a growth mindset that drives you to learn continuously
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years of business and financial video journalism experience
- Knowledge of and interest in the intersection of business and technology
- A record of breaking news and a portfolio of longer form features
- Knowledge of shooting and video editing is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.