San Francisco, CA
Posted Dec 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 112468
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. At Bloomberg, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. At the core of this network is our ability to deliver data, news and analytics through innovative technology – quickly and accurately. Around the clock, around the globe – we empower business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed across platforms.
The RoleBloomberg News is seeking an experienced, self-directed reporter to join the Wealth Americas Team. This role will encompass all aspects of the team -- covering the region's ultra-wealthy and hidden billionaires, reporting on their investments, philanthropic efforts and political contributions. It also involves looking at their influence on San Francisco and Silicon Valley at a time of heightened inequality and economic turmoil as the tech boom chills.
The reporter will have a broad mandate to cover wealth-related topics including real estate, finance and crypto and will be an accomplished writer able to break news and produce enterprise stories for Bloomberg's media properties, including the Bloomberg Terminal, Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be the Wealth team's eyes and ears in Silicon Valley, building a deep network of sources within the worlds of venture capital and Big Tech
- Serve as Wealth's liaison with Bloomberg's tech team, collaborating to break news and write impactful long-form enterprise stories
- Identify unknown billionaires, family offices and foundations
- Step in seamlessly to work with the National team's California Bureau Chief on big stories affecting San Francisco and the state, including trends in the housing market, inequality and the consequences of climate change
- At least four years of business reporting and writing experience
- Experience developing a deep source base and a knack for explaining complex topics
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically tackle problems
- Effective research, analysis, Excel, and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and an ability to manage large quantities of data accurately
You will have:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus