West Coast Sales Lead, Bloomberg Live Experiences
San Francisco, CA
Posted Sep 27, 2023 - Requisition No. 120322
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Live Experiences deliver compelling, news-making convenings that harness the power of our global, wide-reaching newsroom and enable our premium audiences with the actionable insights and meaningful connections they need to succeed in work and in life.
BLE is looking for a LA or SF based event sales professional to continue to grow BLE’s commercial event dominance in the US. In collaboration with dedicated event and cross-platform sales professionals around the globe, this person will lead the full event sales cycle for a regional roster of clients – prospecting, outreach, opportunity presentation, follow-up, client counsel and renewal – in addition to serving as an events subject matter expert in order to collaborate with the cross platform media sales team. This role is intended to be someone who embodies the consultative sales approach, building trust and deep relationships to grow existing business relationships while also driving new opportunities.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
Lead the Full Event Sales Lifecycle:
- Drive new business through prospecting and direct outreach to potential clients
- Ask insightful questions of clients and stakeholders to understand their needs and objectives, especially from an experiential perspective
- Communicate the Bloomberg value proposition confidently to drive consideration
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment the requires the ability to listen, assimilate information, enlist colleagues and deliver client requests in a timely manner
- Convey detailed information to event colleagues to ensure successful execution of event deliverables
- Alongside the client experience team, serve as a client consultant to ensure the white glove experience throughout the event execution
- Deliver renewal and expanded business opportunities to continue the growth of Bloomberg Live Experiences
- Be meticulous in pipeline and reporting management
YOU’LL NEED TO:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Have minimum 5 years experience in event sponsorship sales, including experience selling into Tech, Finance, and ESG verticals and selling large, multi-faceted deals
- Have a proven track record selling to C-suite decision makers
- Be comfortable working and selling into a global event portfolio and managing multinational clients
- Be inherently curious, and have a deep desire to learn more about client priorities and solving problems
- Possess a comfort with navigating ambiguity and entrepreneurial spirit to deliver the best possible options for our clients
- Embody the role of collaborator, knitting together various internal stakeholder groups to create great outcomes while advancing Bloomberg editorial objectives
- Leverage events to expand overall commitments across other areas of the business
- Balance both direct client relationships on event-specific sales and shared accounts/cross-platform opportunities
- Possess strong organizational, project management and collaboration skills as well as excellent presentation skills and a high emotional quotient
- Agency relationships are a plus
- Have solid to proficient skills using Salesforce, LinkedIn, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides, Canva, Photoshop (or demonstrated willingness/ability to learn new tools quickly)
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 150,000 - 215,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus