Chile Bureau Reporter
Posted Sep 5, 2019 - Requisition No. 77127
Bloomberg News is looking for a bureau reporter in Santiago to help with coverage of Chilean markets, business and economic news. The successful candidate will write about things as varied as fixed income and stock markets, monetary and fiscal policy, be asked to chase government officials, interview company CEOs and build sources to dig up market-moving scoops in English and Spanish. The ideal candidate should also be able to pitch, report and write enterprise stories and bring a wealth of knowledge about Chile and local sources to the newsroom.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for covering Chilean markets within a newsroom that prides itself on speed and accuracy
- Be a team player who can initiate and execute joint reporting projects with writers and editors who cover industry or financial beats
- Think creatively about digital and feature storytelling approaches
- Share in the production of a daily newsletter as well as a weekly email on the local fixed income market
- Uphold a commitment to the best journalistic practices, sound judgement and a willingness to learn
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of three years writing about Chile
- Strong language skills, as you will have to be able to write proficiently in English and in Spanish
- Ability to work in an energetic, dynamic, and fast-paced environment
- Desire to work across the newsroom and various beats to tell stories
- Curiosity – and a proactive approach to learning.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Economics, Journalism or related field
We’d love to see:
- A demonstrated ability to take data-driven approaches to journalism
- Familiarity with journalism across platforms, including digital, radio, video and podcasts
If this sounds like you: Apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
*Resumes must be in English in order to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.