Chile Eco/Gov Reporter
New York, NY
Posted Apr 12, 2018 - Requisition No. 66498
Bloomberg is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our award winning Latin America economy/government team prides itself on finding and writing the most relevant and surprising stories that help readers better understand one of the globe's most volatile regions. We are seeking a sharp, ambitious and creative reporter to join our Santiago bureau to cover Chile's economy and government.
You are an experienced reporter, with excellent writing skills, a voracious appetite for news, an eye for a good story that has yet to be written and possess a can-do attitude that thrives on challenging environments. You pay attention to detail, work well under tight deadlines but can also step back and help craft long-form and investigative narratives. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it's breaking news for a professional audience, producing a quick blog, joining a podcast, being interviewed on TV or writing a magazine feature.
We'll trust you to:
- Cover South America's wealthiest economy as looks to rebound from the slowest four years of growth since the early 1980s.
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors in multiple locations over the course of reporting and writing your stories all the way to publication.
- Coordinate news-gathering process to bring together experts and policy makers with the aim of breaking news on Chile's presidency and cabinet, central bank, economy and finance ministries.
- Plan ahead for news events and contribute to an editorial calendar shared throughout the news organization.
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn. Original perspective and sense of humor are also welcome.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of three years of experience reporting preferably on business news.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in written/spoken English, Spanish.
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline.
- An interest in the economy, finance and ever changing political landscape of Chile and Latin America.
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.