AIM Account Manager - Strategic Accounts
Posted Aug 18, 2021 - Requisition No. 93376
Bloomberg AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 14,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 700 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market -one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
What's the role?
We are looking for a senior and driven individual to take on one of the major key accounts for the AIM product offering. Working with senior stakeholders both within the client and internally, you will be responsible for developing and driving both the strategy and product for this high profile and successful account.
Operating on a global level you will need to collaborate with regional account managers within AIM, as well as the ERM teams and other Buyside product lines (eg PORT, MARS, Data).
We will trust you to:
- Strategically look across your client to determine gaps in workflow to increase their usage of the terminal and marquee products
- Proactively find and monitor at-risk users to defend the Bloomberg business
- Manage usage campaigns, both self-initiated to achieve business targets and management driven initiatives
- Develop a sound understanding of Bloomberg’s products, how they integrate with financial markets and have the ability to position our solutions appropriately
- Demonstrate a strong level of Bloomberg customer type knowledge, by understanding how that player type makes money, does their job, and utilizes technology
- Be able to demonstrate functionality and workflows of applicable Bloomberg solutions that improve a specific customer type's need
- Contribute innovative ideas that anticipate and address client needs
- Participate actively in new projects that drive departmental and firm-wide initiatives
- Seek out additional ways to demonstrate leadership and make an impact, such as mentoring, involvement in training, running campaigns, and active involvement in product enhancement
You'll need to have:
- The ability to speak at a technical level with clients
- Experience managing complex accounts and devising a strategy for success
- Comfortable influencing c-suite stakeholders both internally and externally
- A track record of working with and influencing product development
- Good understanding of the buyside workflow and player types
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary presentation, training and communication skills in English
- Technical OMS knowledge
- The ability for regular travel
We’d love to see:
- Technical AIM knowledge
- Spanish Fluency
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.