Accounts Payable Analyst
Posted May 23, 2023 - Requisition No. 116422
On any given day we will expect for you to handle LATAM accounts payable operations. The team maintains Purchase Ledger for the LATAM region, validating accuracy of documentation, direct and indirect tax analysis, support to internal customers and external vendors, be a key player on supporting the statutory accounting activities for Latin America, working with a variety of stakeholders in a complex environment.
You have strong communication and customer service skills, as well as excellent time management, organizational skills and attention to details. You maintain excellent problem solving, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
We’ll trust you to:
Perform and monitor regional accounts payable process (end to end), perform local/regional reporting and controls, including but not limited to:
- Monitor the email inboxes for invoices and validate the invoice scanned via an OCR system, confirming that all information of the invoice was properly scanned.
- Correct data entry fields in the OCR system when necessary, perform root cause analysis and assist with change management efforts if necessary.
- Ensure invoices scanned into the system are reviewed with accuracy, errors actioned and completed within our established SLAs.
- Process all invoices types (i.e. PO/Non-PO) as assigned by management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform regional reconciliation process for accounts payable related accounts.
- Review any aged open items to ensure proper action/follow-up.
- Monitor errors, controls and troubleshoot any assigned EDI errors with technical teams on the resolution.
- Identify issues and potential solutions to improve operational processes and address root causes.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects/request as needed by management.
- Effectively manage all customer service internal tickets and ensure effective and timely resolution of all tickets within departmental targeted SLAs.
- Facilitate rush requests from end-users or vendors for critical payments.
- Be knowledgeable of all AP processes and technologies - to be able to explain/train end-users or vendors.
- Ensure departmental process/policy documentation is up to date.
- Assist with change management communications to our internal stakeholders, vendors, P2P teams related to invoice ingestion processes.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our vendors and business stakeholders, always aiming to go "above and beyond" where possible.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Economics or Accounting).
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in Accounts payable and treasury areas.
- Proven SAP system and monitoring skills (Mandatory SAP prior experience).
- Proven management and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (mandatory).
- Spanish is a plus.
- In depth knowledge about accounts payable operations and controls.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.