BNEF Data Analyst - Latin America
Posted Jun 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 104253
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a Data Analyst on the BloombergNEF Data team, you'll help grow Bloomberg's Latin American databases to further deliver an industry-leading data product offering. You'll work in a hands-on and creative role executing upon a variety of projects aimed at improving the timeliness, accuracy, and quality of our data. You'll gain firsthand exposure to the energy market, as well as key players in the industry.
You’ll also enhance the product’s data model, configure ETL pipelines, and contribute to a codebase of business rules to ensure that the product’s workflows deliver comprehensive, timely, and accurate data to power the Bloomberg Terminal while maintaining a knowledge of funds data through data processing and client engagement. Finally, you'll collaborate closely with both our Data counterparts and the BloombergNEF Product team across the globe.
BloombergNEF helps our clients gain a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. BloombergNEF is online, on mobile and on the Terminal, and provides research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain.
We'll trust you to:
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of Latin American data sets
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Use technologies to extract insight from large or complex data sets as needed to make informed business decisions about our datasets
- Leverage knowledge of the BNEF dataset to configure workflows in a production environment using Bloomberg’s data processing technologies
- Build subject matter expertise to eventually set and maintain methodologies for data management
- Provide in-depth customer support to users of Bloomberg data products by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Lead ad-hoc projects to optimize processes and improve the quality of the data sets
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You'll need to have:
- Fluency in Portuguese and English
- BA/BS in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Data Science or relevant degree
- A solid foundation or previous experiences with Python language
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- An interest in data management and the asset management industry
- Growing interest in the world of data and using data to drive actions
We’d love to see:
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Proficiency in one or more technical tools such as Python or SQL
- Knowledge of or professional experience in lithium-ion battery manufacturing, electronics engineering or supply chain analysis
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, QlikSense or Splunk
- Experience with working with JSON formatted objects, Git and SQL
- Prior experience configuring or developing microservices in a business environment
- Experience using data visualization tools and dashboard creation
- Proficiency in Spanish
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org